I’ve also been the lucky recipient of some blog awards, so I think it’s time for a celebratory post – don’t you?
Thank you to Mercury Handmade who has bestowed upon me not one, but two lovely blog awards!
Apparently, there are rules…
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post – done.
3. Share 7 things about yourself (see below if you’re interested)
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees (even further down the page!)
5. Include this set of rules
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
So, Thank You Anne! I’m extremely flattered and rather pleased that you chose to nominate me, thank you.
Umm, seven things… Here goes!
1. I’m a sagittarius, and do actually have a lot of the personality traits! (I like to KNOW stuff, for people to agree with me, optimistic, sometimes exaggerate, can procrastinate [I'll research things to the point of standstill! Very easy to do with the interwebs!] can be obsessive but can also lose interest quickly)
2. I finally worked out in my 30th year that I want to wear dresses with fitted bodices and full skirts, so I guess that gives you a pretty good heads up on what I’m likely to be focusing on sewing wise! Although I reserve the right to change my mind with no warning at all, or just because I feel like it!
3. The seamless pledge is no longer a challenge, but a way of life. Thank you Elena!
4. I’m overly ambitious in respect of ‘want to make’ of ‘actually have time to make’ (and in many other areas of life too)
5. I have only worked just one job whilst at school/college and for the first year after I left school. I’ve always worked my own job and been a volunteer police officer, or worked my own job and unofficially worked for my husband when he’s been self employed (first at the boat yard and now as a heating engineer). Most would call being a Mum a job too and sometimes it DOES feel like work, but is the best thing I’ve done with my life. I need extra hours in the day and the ability to function on 3 hours sleep so I can do all the things I dream up and so I can sew more – sadly neither are likely to happen!
6. I think about sewing pretty much all the time. Even if it’s only dream sewing, or fantasy fabric shopping, or project planning!
7. Discovering sewing blogs and starting one of my own has developed my sewing at light speed. There is no way I would have discovered patterns, sewing designers, techniques or have been so inspired with out you all so thank you.
Now I need you to put your best awards ceremony announcer voice on because…
The Nominees Are:
1. Claire at Sew Incidentally. She’s not been blogging a ton of late, but when she does the posts are always good.
2. Lizzy and Sew Busy Lizzy. Just love her and her style and her Cambie Pox!
3. Prrtynpnk at Pretty Grievances. She is just the most self depreicating and funny person with a habit of dressing her inner princess.
4. Kim at Kim-ing. One of the funniest and most fearless people I’ve ‘met’ through sewing!
5. Roisin at Dolly Clackett. She can pull off prints like no one else and has a brilliant writing style – love!
6. Amanda at Symondezyn. This lady has some serious graphic design talent and is so honest in her blogging.
7. Ann at Annabelle Bumps. I love her style and her blog is so welcoming! And she can knit too!
8. Marie at A Stitching Odyssey. Her new sewing room is gorgeous, and she’s got a give away on at the moment if you’re feeling lucky!
9. Mela at Pincushion Treats. Fabulous style and fabric along with some fabulous recipes.
10. Joanne at Stitch and Witter. Another fabulous blog and she’s hopefully got a small person now as she was crocheting up a storm whilst she was waiting for them!
I was also nominated by CalicoStretch for the Premio award at the beginning of the month (sorry it’s taken me so long to pass this on)! Quite simply it’s a thank you to those who take the time to comment on blogs and help instill that sense of community we’re so lucky to have. It’s beautifully simple in that you pass it on to the last nine people who have commented on your blog. So, I’m happy to pass this on to:
Sonja at Gingermakes (I will tell you all about the boat yard soon…)
Evie at Pendlesitches
Ann at Annabellebumps
Claire at Sew-incidentally
5currantbuns at Appetite for Cake
Kat at Modern Vintage Cupcakes
Sophie O at Monbouton’s Needles
Amanda at Bimbleandpimble
Crikey, congratulations if you’ve made it this far! This has turned into a much longer post than I intended… I have fabric that’s drying and wildly ambitious plans for 2013 which I’ll share very soon! Hope you’re all well and enjoying a little time off if you’re lucky enough to have some.