Well, almost! It still needs hemming and I think I can also take in a bit at the side seams as there’s a lot of extra fabric there. It’s too late tonight though to start playing with that though, so I may just leave this one as being very loose fitting and make the adjustments on the next one.
I am really pleased I altered the neck line on this as otherwise I may have ended up looking like I was being strangled. With a chest like mine, high neck lines just look wrong… I am also really really pleased with the arm hole facing – for some reason I just found them really satisfying to do and they came out really neatly – much neater than the neck!
As you can see, the FBA added a fair bit of length to this so I think I’ll probably take a few inches off the bottom before I hem it. I’ll probably do a 1″ double fold hem and blind stitch it. I’ll test out how that’ll look on some scrap fabric first though.
Sorry for the black line down the right of the last photo – I really need to find somewhere in the house that’s better suited to taking photos that isn’t going to include a door frame and part of a very dark hall way. I promise I’ll sort my hair out next time too!
I love that I’ve managed to upcycle half a duvet cover to make this top – I’ve got some spare too, as well as the other side, although not enough for another pendrell, but I may well get a Sorbetto out of it… I do love this colour though, warm tones of blue feature quite heavily in my colour schemes!
So there we have it, finished (apart from the hem) object number 3!