I put the waist band of my circle skirt on last night. I’m really quite proud of how well I’ve managed to put it on. No puckers or anything! I even catchstitched it down on the inside so it looks really really neat.
And as you can see, my plaid has a fair bit more stretch to it than my lining and this is only after hanging for about 12 hours! I think that this is the project I am the most pleased with so far, certainly in terms of finishing.
But oh my, it’s HEAVY! There’s a lot of fabric in the skirt so it weighs quite a lot. Definitely an autumn / winter skirt!
And I also finished my Pendrell pattern modifications and got one of them cut out. And also realised too late that I’d cut the ruffle on the straight rather than bias. And I don’t have enough fabric to re-cut it. So we’ll see what it looks like and if it’s awful, I’ll just omit that bit for this version.
I pre-washed the fabric for the Pendrell yesterday and the amount of dye that came out was unbelievable! It turned the water dark blue, dark enough for me to notice as I walked past the machine (we have front loading washing machines, generally, here in the UK with a glass door). I’m glad that it went into the machine on its own and that I pre-washed it, otherwise I could have a lot of stuff with a weird grey-blue tint to it!