This was made and completed in January. I’m just useless at taking photos and blogging with any sort of reliability! It was made for Jungle January and made in time; just the photos and blogging let it down… Ooops!
I’ve fulfilled some ambitions with this top though; peter pan collar, animal print and a fitted blouse! I love the side zip as the blouse has shape but I don’t have to worry about the unfortunate combination of a full bust, buttons and gaping. I have another version of this already planned in a Japanese slubbed cotton.
It’s a fast make too and I’m not a particularly quick sewasaurus. The only change I made other than my usual fitting ones was to use bias tape instead of the neck facing. I used the Colette Sorbetto method of attaching it and did the same at the armholes rather than using the piece Tasia had carefully drafted (Sorry Tasia!).
I did find making the collar meet nicely in the middle a bit of a pain, and also sewing the curves on the collar so that it looked as symmetrical as I could get it was a test of patience. I’m glad I took some time to get it right though as I think the collar looks pretty good and not at all home-eccy!