Do you remember Gillian’s (of Crafting a Rainbow) Top 5 series of reflection posts that took the blogging world by storm last year? Well, she’s doing it again this year (after a Twitter chat, the instigator of so much sewing mischief!) and has designed a lovely, shiny, new logo for 2013’s Hits, Misses, Reflections, Inspirations and, of course, Goals for 2014. I’m so glad that this series is going to happen again this year – I found it so interesting to read every body else’s posts last year and did a similar thing myself in two posts (here and here) as I was late to the party.
Here’s what Gillian has to say about it for those new to the idea:
“Want to join in? It’s easy, and the rules are meant to be broken. Basically, between now and the new year, think back over the year and blog Top 5 lists about the following five topics:
- Top 5 Hits: Favourite Creations, most worn or most loved
- Top 5 Misses: Sewing Fails, UFOs, worn once, or complete disasters
- Top 5 Reflections: What did you learn about yourself or sewing this year?
- Top 5 Inspirations: What books, people, blogs, trends etc motivated you this year?
- Top 5 Goals for the New Year”
If you want to know who took part last year, have a look on her blog. It’s fascinating and inspiring reading and a great way to find some new blogs! In fact, the Top 5 is how I discovered Gillian’s blog.
I’ll be posting my Top 5’s between Christmas and New Year. I’ll also be including a bit about last years goals in my reflections… Hope you can join in the fun!