I’ve finished my Jasmine muslin! It fits OK apart from the fact I can’t comfortably reach my arms forward. They’ll go but it’s tight across my back when I do, and it’s enough to make it a grade A pain in the rear, unwearable pain in the rear!
So I’ve done some research on the whole issue and as there are no fitting issues when I’m just stood there, none of the standard fixes looked like they were going to cut it. Enter the wonderful Sunni of A Fashionable Stitch and this adjustment post she did when she was making her naughty secretary dress (Simplicity 2724).
As you can see the method to gauge how much to add does involve taking scissors to the top, but as it’s not really wearable, I guess I’ll get over it… So I’ll slash, reach forward and see how much I need to add then follow her steps for altering the pattern. Thank goodness I made a Toile/muslin!
Once this final alteration is done I can finally get on with the starry version!